At the age of 4 I got my first three wheels bicycle from my parents. At that time I could not know that it was just the beginning of a life time experience. I have a very clear image of me riding on my childhood bicycles in these early days of mine.
At the age of 40, my wife bought me a special birthday present: a brand new diamondback bicycle. This marked the 2’nd cycling chapter. I’ve started to ride different types of mountain bikes on a regular basis, near my home and abroad, in many bicycling tours around the world.
Three years ago – The third and current bicycling love affair of mine has started three years ago, when I’ve started my first web site about Bicycles and Bicycling.
Many things have changed along these years. In October 2010, I took part in a gorgeous bike riding trip along the Rhine River in Germany, France and Switzerland. We were two bikers on our first, yet short bicycle touring trip, exploring the beauty of the Rhine valley, as well as ourselves and our passion to bicycling.
On May 2015, two of my best friends and I came back from another great trip: a bicycle trip in Japan. You are invited to read more about our 450Km ride from Takayama to Kyoto.
Why do I Write About Bicycle Storage Ideas?
Finding the right bicycle storage solution is important. The condition of your bicycle is important to you. Protect it against weather conditions, such as harsh sun, rain and snow. Keep it in a covered space so that the handlebars, chain and other sensitive parts don’t rust and/or get dirty.
As cyclist who has its own bicycle storage needs, I’ve created this website to help anyone who would like to find the best storage device or solution to meet his/her needs. I hope that you will find the information in this site helpful!
About Me & Bicycles and Bicycling Websites
My official education is electrical engineer, with years of experience in software development. In the last 10 years I am developing software for GPS navigation. Over the years, I had some ideas of how to put my creation in the market. The last one was to build a web site that will help me in the mission.
Me and SBI
I have a neighbor and a dear friend, Elad Shippony. For several years, Elad told me inspiring stories about SBI (Site Build It), about working from home, the freedom it offers and as a way to make my dreams come true. Elad Shippony is a major SBI story. Some of Elad's inspiring web sites are in the SBI results list.
But until the end of 2009, I had neither the time, energy, nor courage to make my dream come true: creating my own web site, my own business, and beginning my journey towards the goal of working from home. Elad suggested I use SBI for building my web site for the purpose of selling my software. This is how I was exposed to the wonderful world of SBI.
As you can see, this site is not about GPS software. It is about me and about my main hobby, bicycle riding. My GPS software site is still waiting for me. But I have found so much joy in building www.american-vintage-bicycles.com , that I am willing to put my other dream aside, at least for now.
Moving on to WordPress
SBI is the perfect platform for anyone who is just new to creating websites, or for anyone who don't need Dynamic websites. It has a great Action Guide, as well as superb support. It will take you by hand and guide you through the process of creating great "do it yourself" websites, but - it is very limited.
From the other hand, WordPress is leading CMS (Content Management System) in the word. It is based on PHP scripting language, as well on the Open Source phpMySQL server. As I became more experienced in creating websites, I feel that I am ready to move on to a more advanced (and challenging) platform, and I am so happy with this move! Actually I have intention to assist other SBI'rs who is thinking about moving their SBI websites to WordPress.
My Other Websites
I have several websites. Most of them are about Bicycles and Bicycling. Take a look:
- bicycle-riding.com - Visit this web site and explore the wonderful world of bicycle riding: Different types of riding styles, bicycles, equipment, clothes, as well as many of my trips and more.
- bike-riding-guide.com - Like many others, I believe that my passion for cycling offers better health and positive mindset that keeps me going. Join me with my bike riding guide.
- american-vintage-bicycles.com - American-Vintage-Bicycles.Com is about us, and about the history of our vintage bicycles. Be aware: collecting American vintage bicycles is an obsession!
- bicycle-storage-ideas.com - Protect your bicycle against weather conditions, such as harsh sun, rain and snow. Keep it in a covered space so that its sensitive parts don't rust and/or get dirty. This website will help you find the best storage for your bike.
- bicycle-trainer.com - Bicycle training stands are a great option for any cyclist who is very serious about their training and won't allow anything, weather included, to get in their way. This website will help you find the best exercise stand for your training needs.
- bicycle-pumps.com - There are many types of bicycle pumps. There are portable bicycle tire pumps, floor pumps and even electric pumps. This website will help you find the best bicycle pump for your needs.
- bicycletrailers911.com - Bicycle trailers are frames with wheels that can be attached to a bicycle and transport items. Before buying one It is recommended reading this guide.
- outdoorstorage911.com - Here you can find some great outdoor storage ideas. Keep your garden tools in a covered and secured space so that it serve you well for years!
- vintage-tricycles.com - Collecting vintage tricycles and vintage bicycles is not very common. If your are one of these enthusiastics you came to the right place.
For any questions and comments you are invited to visit my Contact Me form.